The fabrics on this page have normal textile properties and can be used in a variety of ways, for instance as a blind, as a curtain, as a room divider, etc.. The different types and textures of materials allow for customized solutions, i.e. you can meet your needs for electromagnetic radiation shielding without sacrificing any comfort or homely ambience.
The shielding effectiveness of all fabrics offered here is regularly measured in a professional EMC laboratory according to common established standards (ASTM D4935-10, IEEE Std 299-2006, IEEEE Std 1128-1998, ASTM A698/A698M-07, etc.) directly at the manufacturer's. Washing tests were also carried out on all fabrics, and proved the positive material behavior even in the long term. We recommend using our special Texcare detergent for washing. If you do not have the possibility to dry the fabric on a line, please use the lowest setting on both your dryer and your iron, if necessary.
Please note that all fabrics, fleeces and wovens are custom cut. Therefore, they are exempt from cancellation and returns.
Below are a few tips on calculating the amount of fabric you need and its properties and application:
- Please take into account the different widths of fabrics, which can range from 1.40 m to 2.60 m.
- If you want a drape, you need to add another 20-50% to the width.
- Please calculate an additional 15 cm in height for attaching a curtain tape at the top and a weighting tape at the bottom.
- Please calculate an additional approx. 8 cm in width for the edgings.
- Please note that shielding curtains should always overlap a window opening on the side by about 20-40 cm each and should be placed as close to the wall as possible to achieve the most effective shielding possible. Curtains should be long enough to rest on the floor or on the window sill, in the best case overlap the window sill.
- Silver Tulle, Steel Twin and Silver Twin can be grounded for additional low frequency shielding. Grounding is not required for RF shielding only.
- Steel Twin and Silver Twin are light colored in the front and dark colored in the back with metallic threads.
- Silver-plated fabrics or fabrics with silver threads will discolor over time. This does not affect the shade and is not a quality defect as this is a typical reaction of real silver. You may even notice slight irregularities when the fabric arrives, if it is still brand new.
- The silver fabrics offered on this page do not contain so-called "nano silver".
- Available immediately
Delivery time: 5 - 7 Workdays (Other countries)